Friday, September 3, 2010

Do you have any holiday weekend advice?

In the U.S., this coming Monday is Labor Day. For many, that makes this a three-day weekend, and that often means routines are off, schedules are different, eating temptations are increased.

What are your plans for the weekend? How will you deal with barbecues and ice cream and other temptations? How will you be healthy this weekend?

At our house, we'll forego the ice cream and snack on the giant watermelon we bought.

Tell us what you plan to do!

4 comments:

  1. We have two big parks where I live. The city has recently put in a 2 mile walking trail connecting the 1/2 mile walking trails that are at each park. If we start at one, do the 1/2 mile loop, then the 2 miles to the other park, stop for a picnic, do the 1/2 mile loop there, then walk back. That's a total of 5 miles and a healthy packed lunch. Plus over an hour of family time where we all talk and laugh and enjoy being together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! It sounds like a wonderfully healthy family outing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Carla,
    I enjoyed your blog! I am following your journey and hope you will help me to be accountable. I have 50 lbs to lose and hope to do it with God's help. Please keep me posted and I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla,
    I just found your blog. Looks like you are just getting started on your journey. I am giving you a blog award. Stop by my blog on Tuesday to read more about it. Your blogger friend, Michele
    at http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I review all comments before they're posted. I'd love to post your positive and/or informative comments, but I won't post any negative comments, those selling anything or those comments submitted just to generate links to another blog or website. Thanks for understanding!