Thursday, July 1, 2010

Introduction: Losing 100 Pounds

Hi! My name is Carla, and starting today I'm working on a plan to lose 100 pounds (at least).

This blog will document my progress, as well as some of the problems I come across. I'll try to post some recipes and information about the healthy eating plan I'm following.

I'm not on any specific "diet." I'm basically following the U.S. Department of Agriculture's MyPyramid  nutrition guidelines.

A little something about me (and the recipes I'll be posting), I've been a vegetarian for about 11 years. I eat dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.) and eggs but no meat (no beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, shellfish, etc.). I eat a variety of foods, and I don't expect everyone around me to be vegetarians. My husband is not a vegetarian, and he often adds grilled chicken to our meals. I'll have some good recipes on here that can be enjoyed by everyone. I just won't have any meat recipes on here.

I also plan to post what I'm eating. That will help in several ways...it will help keep me in line and on track; it will help me see what works and what doesn't; it will help me plan future menus; it will help others who want to lose weight but can't figure out exactly what to do.

I hope you'll check in, and maybe even join in my efforts to eat healthy and obtain a healthy weight.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes on your journey, Carla. I'm looking forward to seeing your recipes.

    ~Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I review all comments before they're posted. I'd love to post your positive and/or informative comments, but I won't post any negative comments, those selling anything or those comments submitted just to generate links to another blog or website. Thanks for understanding!