Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Eating Weakness

I stress-eat, and I know it. I am an editor, so I am frequently "on deadline," which is usually stressful. Which means I usually eat. Stress-eating for me means junk food, typically snacky foods that I can eat while I work. Chips are a favorite, as are candy bars. And, soft drinks.

But, I've found that if I bring healthy snacks from home, especially on deadline days, I'll choose those snacks rather than something from the vending machine. And, to ward off the soft drinks, I bring iced tea to work. We have a refrigerator with ice, etc. So, I can treat myself to something more than water without adding on the calories.

My healthier snacks include:

Walnuts
Baby carrots
Apples
Oranges
Yogurt
Dried fruit
Strips of red bell pepper

Do you have any ideas for healthy snacks to replace the junk food I used to eat?

(Photo of baby carrots courtesy of www.freeclipartnow.com)

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite snacks is apples with no sodium, no preservatives almond butter. It has nothing but almonds and apples dipped in one tablespoon of almond butter is a wonderful 150 calorie snack that stick with me for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My main comment has nothing to do with weightloss although I can COMPLETELY relate on stress eating but yay that you have found healthy alternatives! Remember, tea is not calorie-less though. Even crystal light is 5 calories per 8oz. I drink 64 oz of it per day and that's approximately 40 calories so it isn't a huge deal but it adds up none-the-less. Just in case you didn't already know.

    My other (main) comment was about your mentioning that you are an editor. Just out of curiosity, what do you edit? Manuscripts? Articles? Are you free-lance or do you work for a company. WHY AM I ASKING YOU THIS - you want to know. LOL Well, because I am an aspiring author and I am just curious. :)
    Smiles!
    krissy aka the fat chick
    thefatchickweigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all you healthy snacks that Is a great list of ideas. I love the laughing cow light cheese with an apple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered snap peas!! They are wonderful. Very refreshing and sweet!! I just eat them raw. It's my new favorite snack!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an award over at my blog, [238] and Shrinking!

    PS: I'm also giving away a Biggest Loser Cookbook to celebrate dropping 18 lbs and getting below 220 lbs, so be sure to enter on the official post and good luck!

    -Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on moving over to healthier snacking. I like Almonds...mmmm and sometimes, just some healthy'ish type cereal if I need the crunch factor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stress eat, too. Know of a cure?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your wonderful attitude and weight loss! I just posted a *healthy snack* ideas post recently if you would like to stop by. You're always welcome!

    Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I review all comments before they're posted. I'd love to post your positive and/or informative comments, but I won't post any negative comments, those selling anything or those comments submitted just to generate links to another blog or website. Thanks for understanding!